Apply to work at MJ Patch. Browse our job vacancies below.
Structural COntracts Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced structural Contracts Manager to join a leading and successful family run business in Bristol, North Somerset.
The role is Bristol based with travel for site visits required across the South West and further afield from time to time, flexible working can be offered.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
- Lead and be accountable in the execution of structural steel projects, generally the scope of projects will be steel frame buildings, bespoke and often complicated secondary structural steelwork projects up to 100T, you will be ensuring that the scope of works is delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes. The role requires you to be part office based and part mobile between various sites and projects within the South West of England and further afield from time to time.
- To drive continuous improvement on projects across the department by refining and developing existing processes.
Reporting directly to the senior management, the key duties and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out site visits to report on delivery accessibility, layout restrictions, build sequence, buildability, plant requirements, crane locations
- Produce preliminary lift plans, risk and method statements
- Complete client health & safety questionnaires
- Liaise with Commercial and Estimating staff when required to advise on tendered costs, programme and sequencing and build durations
- Liaise with senior management to finalise fully phased & sequenced site programme and production slots
- Liaise with clients and attend all required site meetings communicate and review planned works
- Finalise detailed lift plans, risk and method statements to submit to Client
- Produce inspection and test plans
- Manage sub-contract Structural Engineers (from approved supply chain)
- Manage sub-contract Steel Detailers (from approved supply chain)
- Manage sub-contract Steel Fabricators (from approved supply chain)
- Manage sub-contract Steel Erectors (from approved supply chain)
- Manage and coordinate requirements with all packaged sub-contract trades such as pre-cast concrete planks & stairs, metal decking, steel stairs, safety netting, secondary steelwork, grating, edge protection, etc
- Manage surveying of holding down bolt locations with sub-contract setting out Engineers (from approved supply chain)
- Attend site inductions/meetings and deliver key toolbox talks/briefings with in house and sub-contact site teams
- Management of in house and sub-contract erection teams
- Attend site on weekly basis to report on progress and inspect management of health & safety across the site
- Responsible for effective Client relationship management and providing updates to internal and external stakeholders on project/contract progress
- Producing weekly reports to the internal management team on current live project progress
- Liaise with production department to ensure site has required materials to progress works as programmed
- Ensure all variations and non-conformances are captured & logged within our internal systems
- Resolve any queries promptly aiding site teams in project planning risks and methodology.
- Proven and relevant track record of contract management and delivery of bespoke structural steelwork and steel-framed buildings
- Good knowledge of welding, fabrication, BS EN 1090 and the NSSS.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Strong knowledge of health and safety legislation
- High level of verbal and written communication and familiar with Microsoft Office packages
- General knowledge of current industry developments
- CSCS Gold or Black card (required)
- SMSTS or IOSH equivalent (required)
- CPCS Appointed Person (required)
- Full Driving License (required)
- IPAF (desirable)
Job Type: Full-time permanent position with 3 month probationary period.
- Competitive salaries offered, to be discussed dependant on experience
- Used of company pool vehicles for work travel
- Pre-agreed flexible working options available
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Steelwork construction / contracts management: 6 years minimum (Required)
- Bristol based, working on projects throughout the South West of England
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com